Thursday, August 8, 2013

Developing Plot

   Plot is the most important part of a story. The story can have good morals, good characters, good special effects, but all that is wasted if there isn't a good plot. Plot is what pulls people into a story (sure, the other stuff helps too, but plot is the main basis of a story and, therefore, the driving point). Without a good plot, the story falls flat.
   The Missing Kitten had a satisfactory plot. I came up with an original idea and molded a story out of it. Unfortunately, it was such a good idea that, it seems, I used it again for the first draft of Trapped. Thankfully, my readers (thanks siblings!) told me so. Back to the drawing board I went.
   The second draft of Trapped had a more original plot. Thankfully, it is finished. However, because of its altered plot, my second draft was very rough. I have characters appearing and disappearing without for seemingly no reason. That is why I'm going to write a third draft, which will (hopefully) be my final draft.
   The good part is that Trapped will hopefully be much better than it was originally or is now. The bad part is that it's going to take some time for me to write that third draft. Which means a longer wait until it can be released.
   Hopefully you can stand the wait. In the meantime, look forward to the Kindle edition of The Missing Kitten coming out as soon as I can get it done. Which means hopefully by the end of August.
   Until then, I hope you are having a great time and keep returning to this blog, or check me out on Twitter, Facebook, or Goodreads.

No comments:

Post a Comment