Tuesday, September 3, 2013

The Case of the Missing Girl - Part 4

Click for Part 1 and Part 2 and Part 3.
 
The Case of the Missing Girl
By Jesse Rice
 
Chapter Four
Chicken
   I flew toward the rooster and slid in the mud. I jumped over the rooster's claw and grabbed the hair bow in my mouth. Then, without a backward glance, I dashed out of the chicken pen with the rooster on my tail. I turned around and saw the rooster leaping over the fence.
   "Prepare to be pecked!" the rooster screeched.
   I gasped and nearly dropped the hair bow. I hurried to the porch and jumped onto the swing. Panting and hiding, I inspected the bow. Suddenly, a wild tapping came from the window beside the swing. I glanced over, but saw no one. Whoever had tapped had fled. However, hanging in the window, was a large, pink, birthday balloon.
   "Someone had a birthday," I murmured. "Can this be connected to the Case of the Missing Girl?" An idea formed in my brain, and I dashed away from the porch, leaving the bow behind.
   As I crossed the farm, deep in thought, I was oblivious to the fact that an angry Caesar was following.
   "Beware, cat," Caesar growled, and moved in for the kill.
 
Return next Monday for the last part of The Case of the Missing Girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment